Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bogged down in blog thinking

Over the last few weeks, I've been bogged down thinking about the validity of my blog. I've had the big bat out over my head anyway as I'm preparing for a show in December in Missoula and I'm trying to do new work (cutting up old photographs and test prints to make something new). Art and yes fear, has raised its ugly head. I woke up this morning and realized that what this blog does is show me, me. My difficulty in committing, my struggle with self doubt, my self absorption, laziness and ok, something positive, my longing for beauty. So buck up, as my husband says and just get to work. Get some posts going and put it out there, visual journaling, with no lock on the cover of the diary.

2 comments:

  1. YES! I hear that loud and clear...especially the no lock on the cover of the diary deal. it's a good thing.....i hope you call me soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes, in part because you described me. I don't see you this way or know anyone else who does, but quite selfishly, it's nice to know that someone I respect so and hold in such high regard struggles with the same things I do. If you don't mind, I'd like to add one more postive to your list: Courageous. Mel.

    ReplyDelete