Wednesday, July 8, 2009

no staying power







It has been well over a month since my last post in May. There were times when I felt excited about creating a new post and times when I got cranky, like a tired three year old, and I just didn't want to do it.

I've been on the road since June 13th and really, just got home yesterday. It was work and family and friends and kick ass fireworks at this amazing artist in residence center in U Cross Wyoming.

I'm ready to work now. But I went a-looking at my photographs tonight and I realized, I just don't have good staying power. The first day of the family reunion in upstate New York on Lake George was a constant high - every thing was new and totally, yeah, totally, amazing. Photographing my nieces and nephews wrapped in towels and wet and cold was thrilling. My sister gave me the finger as I continued to photograph her beautiful skin and wet clingy hair. It felt like coming home, to blood family and to my camera. The next few days sucked, it was all forced and dull. I get so tired of these roller coaster times of filling the square with beauty and then in response it seems, boring, labored compositions. I know I'm in it for the long ride, but some days I just get tired.

Back on the horse and just do the work - good things to live by.

A few of the fam.. and others

No comments:

Post a Comment