Thursday, November 4, 2010

Acadia postcard number 12


Sometimes I get tired of writing on the blog and really just want to show the image with hopes it would speak for itself.  But as I put this photo up this morning, I started thinking about memory.  
What will I remember of this two weeks in Maine.  Will I remember the feeling of that cold fog mist on my face and the inability to see where the mist ended and the water began?  Will I remember the little brown bunny that watched me ride my bicycle down the lawn to the water before dawn two days in a row?  Will I remember the feeling of the sun on my face as I lay on the pink granite rocks on the ocean?  Will I remember those twinges of guilt as I talked with my husband on the phone as he juggled his work and all the family animals and a kick ass cold?  Will I remember the sounds, or the smells of wet leaves and thick deep green moss?  Will my words bring me back?  WIll my photographs bring me back?

I took one of the kid chemistry classes that was going on this week as part of the Schoodic Education and Research Center.  The discussion for sixth graders was the water cycle of the world: evaporation, condensation, perspiration of all living things and how a drop of water inside of me could be the same drop of water a dinosaur drank ( or sweat or urinated) 10 million years ago - that's amazing and comforting all at the same time, water making the world go round.

No comments:

Post a Comment